Hope, Joy and Peace, from Trust

1 view

Betsy

Oct 29, 2009, 8:51:47 AM10/29/09
to Two or Three
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in
him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy
Spirit." Romans 15:13

Such a power packed prayer. Full of the things we so desperately need
these days. Not only do we need it for ourselves, but we need an
abundance, so that it can overflow to others.

Right now, our pastor's father is in heart surgery. Greg's dad is in
the hospital getting an MRI and other tests. Greg is still waiting on
an answer for his future job, and then there are the usual stresses
that come with life. We are leading small group tonight, I am
homeschooling my children and watching extra children.

Yet, in all these things the answer for peace, joy, and hope is simple
childlike trust in our loving heavenly Father. He is the only One who
can give us the "Peace that is beyond understanding."

Stop: The chaos and center down with some moments with God to re-align
my heart to trust and my mind to have the mind of Christ..
Know: Truest hope, joy and peace are from God and no other source.
Do: Trust in God, allow the power of His Spirit to work in me. Allow
these blessings to overflow to others.
Also, enjoy the beautiful blessings that God so abundantly supplies
for me each day: air to breath, gorgeous fall colors, children to
laugh and smile at me, and hundreds more.