"The Good Ole Days"

1 view

Betsy

Nov 15, 2009, 10:47:06 PM11/15/09
to Two or Three
Don't ask, "Why were things better in the old days than they are now?"
It isn't wisdom that leads you to ask this! Ecclesiastes 7:10

It's easy to look back and remember "The good ole days" because
sometimes when we're going through a rough patch in life, things seem
like they used to be a lot better. But this verse says it is not
wisdom to look at life like this.

A couple verses later (14) it says "When times are good, be happy. But
when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one time as well
as the other so that mortals cannot predict their future.

God wants us to live a tempered, balanced life. The following verses
say not to be too virtuous and wise and not to be too wicked, but to
fear God and seek wisdom. Only God can help us find the right balance
to walk in the freedom He ordained for our lives.

Do: Seek wisdom and enjoy today.
Know: God is sovereign and He has ordained each day. Enjoy His gifts
and follow wisdom.