Sin Separates, Repentance Restores

1 view

Betsy

Aug 28, 2009, 8:02:38 AM8/28/09
to Two or Three
"1.Truly, the Lord's hand has not become short, so that he is unable
to give salvation; and his ear is not shut from hearing:

2 But your sins have come between you and your God, and by your evil
doings his face has been veiled from you, so that he will give you no
answer." Isaiah 59:1-2

As a believer, I desire God's blessing and favor in my life, but if I
am aware of an ongoing sin in my life that the Holy Spirit has
convicted me of and I do not respond to Him, repent of it, and turn
from it, I am shutting and locking the door on God's mercy, favor, and
blessing in my life. God would be violating His character to bless me
as I choose sin over obedience.

"Whoever covers over his sins does not prosper. Whoever confesses and
abandons them receives compassion." Proverbs 29:13

God is so merciful. He cannot overlook sin, but the moment we repent
to Him with a sincere heart, He forgives us and restores our
fellowship. We may still have lingering consequences since all sin
leaves a mark, but we no longer have to be separated from Him and He
will walk with us through everything we face.

Do: Make sure my heart is pliable and open to the conviction of the
Holy Spirit.

Know: When I repent of my sin, I will find compassion.