Death Has No Victory Over the Believer

Betsy

Dec 6, 2009, 2:36:11 PM12/6/09
to Two or Three
1 Corinthians 15:54 "When this body that decays is changed into a body
that cannot decay, and this mortal body is changed into a body that
will live forever, then the teaching of Scripture will come true:
"Death is turned into victory!"

Greg's (and Mark's) dad is in ICU almost at death's door. We are
already grieving and the burden and heaviness of sorrow is pressing on
my heart. I know that he accepted God's gift of eternal life, and this
is of great comfort to know he will be with the One who loved us and
gave all for us!.

It is sometimes burdensome to be here, and to suffer the sorrows of
this fallen and sin-stained world.

Jesus said "In this world you will have trouble, but be of good
courage, for I have overcome the world." Trouble isn't absent, but it
is already overcome by our heavenly Father. We can rest on Him, and He
will hold us as we face whatever troubles there are in our lives.

Change: Holding my burden.
Know: In Christ Jesus, "Death is turned into Victory"
Do: Know that scripture is always fulfilled. God's Word is true and
eternal.