The Slate of our Lives

Betsy

Oct 21, 2009, 11:40:12 AM10/21/09
to Two or Three
"Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he
can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine." - Ephesians 3:20

Last September, my husband was laid off from his job of 11 years.
After 7 months (in May), the Lord provided a job for him with another
company. He was told this morning that he will be laid off from this
job along with the past three groups who have been hired and trained.
He will have been working at this company for 6 months.

Without God, our foundations would be shaken and fear would grip our
hearts.

However, since we know God, His character, and His word, we can choose
to trust Him and rest on His word. He has said in this verse that He
can do "...infinitely more than we can ask or imagine". Our
circumstances in no way diminish the power of God and the truth of His
word. Titus 1:2 and Hebrews 6:18 say that God "Cannot lie" Every
phrase in His Word is true. He has said that he Shall supply all our
need according to His riches in Glory in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19)

Our lives are a slate upon which if we trust in Him, God can use to
display His power and glory.

Know: My God is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we could
ask or think (imagine).
Do: Reject fear, and choose trust every time. Give God the glory He is
worthy of.
Remember: God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power
and love and a sound mind.2 Timothy 1:7