Love, Or Separation?

Betsy

Oct 5, 2009, 1:18:07 PM10/5/09
to Two or Three
"Whoever forgives an offense seeks love, but whoever keeps bringing up
the issue separates the closest of friends." Proverbs 17:9 (GWT)

"He who keeps a sin covered is looking for love; but he who keeps on
talking of a thing makes division between friends." Proverbs 17:9
(BBE)

This is the perfect illustration of Grace. It is exactly what God does
for us when He forgives our sins. He said He has separated us from our
sin Psalm 103:12 says "As far as the east is from the west, so far has
he put our sins from us." (BBE)

I have experienced both sides of this. When I have sinned against or
offended someone, I have experienced forgiveness and grace and the
person who loves me never brings it up again, and in another case, I
have had my offenses unforgiven, and repeated and repeated until it
has been detrimental to the relationship to the point that it brings a
separation.

I love the forgiveness of God. I also love the fact that He gives us
instruction to love others in the same way He loves us and gives us
the tools to do so; "His divine power has given us everything we need
for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by
his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3.

Do: When I am hurt or offended, forgive and do not keep an account or
keep bringing the offense up. Leave it in the past. ("Love keeps no
record of wrong" 1 Cor. 13)
Know: God has forgiven me in this way, and I can bless others with
this same wonderful grace!