Our Wonderful Lord

Betsy

Sep 21, 2009, 8:45:56 PM9/21/09
to Two or Three
The LORD is merciful, compassionate, patient, and always ready to
forgive. Psalm 145:8

Short and sweet, but one of the most powerful truths about our
heavenly Father!

I've been thinking recently about the holiness of God and the high
standard He has in every area. When I read the Old Testament, I see
how it was to live under a law that God gave that was humanly
impossible to obey. In Galatians it talks about the fact that it was a
curse to be under the law, but God revealed that the law was given to
be a tutor, to teach that we could not obey it on our own and that we
need to have faith alone in the righteousness of Jesus Christ to save
us.

However, in the Psalms, even though it was a book written under the
law, God revealed that His character is one of mercy, compassion,
patience and forgiveness. Although He is just and holy, His grace and
mercy are characteristics that always run parallel to His justice. He
is ALWAYS READY TO FORGIVE! I am so very thankful for this side of
God.

Know: What is important is my response to God.
Change: Beating myself up over failures (but choose obedience when His
will is clear).
Do: Walk in God's grace, mercy and compassion. Thank Him every day for
this.