What I Want to do and What I do.

Betsy

Aug 3, 2009, 1:38:42 PM8/3/09
to Two or Three
What your corrupt nature wants is contrary to what your spiritual
nature wants, and what your spiritual nature wants is contrary to what
your corrupt nature wants. They are opposed to each other. As a
result, you don't always do what you intend to do." Galatians 5:17

I posted this as my Facebook status this morning and got several
comments from friends who are very aware of both natures and our daily
need to choose the spiritual nature above the corrupt nature.

I believe depression/discouragement/the blues in me are often a result
of knowing what I need to do and feeling overwhelmed by the (seeming)
enormity of the task(s) at hand. I would rather crawl into my bed and
assume the fetal position. We are in a daily battle and the temptation
to give up is ever present. It is easier to be lukewarm than to be
passionate and hot for the battles God wants me to engage in. They are
not always huge things. Sometimes the simple task of cleaning my house
can be overwhelming. But all things, the small and the great; I can do
"As unto the Lord."

Do: Claim the promises that "I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me."

Change: "Crucify the deeds of the flesh"

Know: The Lord, the God of all the earth will uphold me, He will
sustain me by the right hand of His righteousness.