This Treasure in Earthen Vessels

Betsy

Jul 9, 2009, 3:38:05 PM7/9/09
to Two or Three
2 Corinthians 4:7-10 "7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to
show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We
are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in
despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not
destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,
so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

I love this passage because it shows that those who continue to place
their hope in the Lord will not be defeated. The battles may leave us
scarred and hurt, but if we continue to look to Him, defeat is not the
final word for us. He is the One who sustains us through our hard
pressing, perplexing, persecution and striking down. Our part is to
keep our trust firmly rooted in Him and keep our eyes fixed on Him. He
will carry us through the other side triumphantly.

Do: Allow Jesus life to be revealed in my body. Trust Him to work
every situation out for my good and His glory.

Know: No matter how difficult the battle is, I am not alone. The
battle belongs to the Lord and He will sustain me.