Need of Endurance - from my SIL, Melissa Clark

Betsy

Oct 29, 2009, 8:40:32 AM10/29/09
to Two or Three
Hebrews 10:35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has
great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you
have done the will of God you may receive the promise.

The word endurance and diligence keep coming up in my quiet time. The
note in my study bible describes Endurance as the capacity to
continue to bear up under difficult circumstances, not with a passive
complacency, but with a hopeful fortitude that actively resists
weariness and defeat.

I keep pressing in but some days I feel too heavy like I am bearing
the weight of the world. Then I just remember to ask myself the same
question God asked me the other day, "Who's you daddy?". Then I laugh
and lighten up.
I can rest and have peace in Him if only I will allow myself to
believe that the word is the truth and will come to pass in my llife.

Stop: Carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders....ie bills,
concerns for others, kids, health, broken things....
Know: God is my daddy and it is that simple.
Change: Change my thinking back to the word every second and practice
God's presence moment by moment
Do: Seek God daily for his direction and obey him, no matter what the
circumstances look like.

I will receive the promises! I will rejoice when I see others receive
their promises.

Melissa