Foursquare Launch of I Voted Badge

Tracy Viselli

Oct 27, 2010, 11:40:31 AM10/27/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
There is a nice shout out to TVR in the Mashable piece and a logo at the bottom of the site.

Foursquare election site: http://elections.foursquare.com/promo/

Mashable: http://mashable.com/2010/10/27/foursquare-ivoted-badge/

--
Yours, Tracy Viselli

Website:  http://tracyviselli.com
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/myrnatheminx

Allison Fine

Oct 28, 2010, 9:05:25 PM10/28/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
This is great, Tracy, thanks. I just saw this article about Bloomberg encouraging folks to use Twitter on Election day - but without a hashtag. Andy suggests that we try to get the word out about the hashtag the Foursquare folks are using #ivoted to bloggers, tweeters, media, outreach groups. Perhaps that should be our focus from now until Election Day? What do you all say?

Allison

Jacob Soboroff

Oct 28, 2010, 9:11:27 PM10/28/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
FYI Bloomberg did encourage the use of a hashtag. It's #nycvotes.

Best,
Jacob Soboroff
Executive Director, Why Tuesday?
http://whytuesday.org
917-626-7164

Tony Herrera

Oct 28, 2010, 9:29:34 PM10/28/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com, twitterv...@googlegroups.com
VotoLatino.org will be encouraging Latino voters to use the #ivoted hashtag, as well ad its Spanish equivalent #yovote on election day.

Latino bloggers and activists are being asked to promote the use of those two hashtags.

VotoLatino is not listed as a partner on the http://elections.foursquare.com/promo/
page, but as the most prominent Latino voter outreach group they should have reached out to Foursquare, but it looks like such project had not come up on their radar.

Tony Herrera

Twitter: @tonyherrera

Sent from my iPhone

Allison Fine

Oct 28, 2010, 9:30:40 PM10/28/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I didn't see it in the article I read.

Barnett A. Zitron

Oct 29, 2010, 4:56:05 PM10/29/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com

NYTimes' interactive Twitter 2010 election chart. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/us/politics/2010-twitter-candidates.html

Jon Pincus

Oct 29, 2010, 8:12:25 PM10/29/10
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Has there been outreach to #latism on the #ivoted/#yovote hashtags?  i saw one or two tweets but it doesn't seem like it got covered in their "get out the vote" chat last night ...

is there a good link to send people to?

jon
--
liminal states, my blog