twittervotereport.com domain name to expire October 12th

Matt Cooperrider

Oct 5, 2009, 12:18:00 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As you can see below, twittervotereport.com and all the variations will lapse on Oct. 12th (some of the variations a bit later).

I really don't have the cash to renew them myself.  I'm not sure how much anyone cares, but if you do, please help me figure out a solution.

Cheers,
Matt

Oct 5, 2009, 12:40:51 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Matt, how much would it cost total to renew the TVR domains for 3 years?

Britt Blaser

Oct 5, 2009, 12:52:01 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Cooperrider
Matt,

I'll pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone

Allison Fine

Oct 5, 2009, 12:57:50 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Britt!!

Matt Cooperrider

Oct 5, 2009, 1:08:51 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
If you want to renew EVERYTHING, then it's $491.68.  We could probably axe a could chunk of the names.

The TVR domain name portfolio includes

twittervotereport
twittervoterreport
votereport (which is used for backend stuff)
voterreport

we have the following extensions for each (with godaddy's "renewal pricing" for each extension)

.com ($10.69)
.net ($12.99)
.org ($10.69)
.info ($7.99) (but is often "on sale" for less when you check out)
.us ($19.99)

for all four names and all five extensions for three years, the total is $491.68

doing just twittervotereport.com and votereport.us* should suffice for archiving purposes, bringing the total to $83.38.

MC

*can one of the architects weigh in on whether anything other than votereport.us is needed to preserve functionality?
--
http://mattcoop.com

Matt Cooperrider

Oct 5, 2009, 1:13:11 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Britt.  I'll assume we only need the following:

"doing just twittervotereport.com and votereport.us* should suffice for archiving purposes, bringing the total to $83.38."

If anyone thinks otherwise, please jump in.  Meanwhile I'll get this done with Britt off-list.

MC
--
http://mattcoop.com

Andrew Turner

Oct 5, 2009, 1:32:47 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
I agree that these two are good to keep. I'd be willing to chip in to help support it.

Speaking of - the DB seems to be down so not rendering data. Dave, do you know?
--
Andrew Turner
mobile: 248.982.3609

http://geocommons.com           Helping build the Geospatial Web
Introduction to Neogeography - http://oreilly.com/catalog/neogeography

David Troy

Oct 5, 2009, 3:06:03 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
No, last I looked at it, it was up... we may need to ping NetworkRedux.  Will try to take a look at it in next 24 hours.

Dave Troy
blog: www.davetroy.com (@davetroy)
community: www.beehivebaltimore.org (@bhivebmore)
investing: www.baltimoreangels.org (@baltimoreangels)
events: @TEDxMidAtlantic, @barcampbmore, @socialdevcamp
projects: www.twittervision.com, www.flickrvision.com
Partner, Roundhouse Technologies

Kaushal Jhalla

Oct 5, 2009, 6:01:28 PM10/5/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Matt, I'd be glad to chip in too -- The VR team did some fantastic work that swift borrows heavily from & regardless of everything VR should live on as we think through next steps as a team.

Kaushal

Matt Cooperrider

Oct 11, 2009, 2:05:30 PM10/11/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the offers of support, but we're already all set.  Britt's got us covered for the next 3 years for the two domains specified. Thanks Britt!

MC
--
Matt Cooperrider, Consultant
SITE: http://mattcoop.com

Kaushal Jhalla

Oct 12, 2009, 12:01:01 AM10/12/09
to twitterv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Britt .. That was super awesome Of you :)