application_name and application_url

Helder

Oct 13, 2009, 7:52:13 AM10/13/09
to twitter4r-users
hi there. how can i change application_name and application_url? I
have already try this:
Twitter::Client.configure do |conf|
conf.application_name = 'xxx'
conf.application_url = 'http://www.xxx.com'
end

but all my tweets appear to be sent from web.

thks,
Hélder Loureiro

Susan Potter

Oct 14, 2009, 9:35:24 AM10/14/09
to twitter4r-users
Hi Hélder,

Until the OAuth version of Twitter4R is committed to GitHub (it's in a
half finished state locally and the work got very busy again:() and
released we are using the old fashioned way of "sourcing" Twitter
applciations which requires that you already have a Twitter source id
(they no longer give those out any more because they want everyone to
move to OAuth instead.

If you do already have a Twitter application "source" id, then you
will need to using the following inside your configure block:
conf.source = "your-source-id-that-twitter-recognizes"

Please scroll to the bottom of this page for some comments about it:
http://twitter4r.rubyforge.org/rdoc/files/examples/configure_rb.html

Thanks,
Susan