Posting Quoted Tweet?

Siva Sankar

Jul 25, 2016, 9:06:08 AM7/25/16
to Twitter Ruby Gem
Any documentation on how this can achieved? Struggling to find anything.

Thanks.

Chris Downey

Jul 25, 2016, 4:30:31 PM7/25/16
to twitter-...@googlegroups.com
I've done many times by including the quoted tweet's URL at the very end of new tweet

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Siva Sankar <thatitur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any documentation on how this can achieved? Struggling to find anything.

Thanks.

Siva Sankar

Jul 26, 2016, 3:12:45 AM7/26/16
to Twitter Ruby Gem
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help.

I have few questions regarding this functionality. Your help is very much appreciated

1. Create a tweet (Maximum 116 characters comment + URL of the original tweet) - can we call it as a quote tweet ?

2. Do we have any methods in the gem  to achieve this ? Instead of calling client.update(Maximum 116 characters comment + URL of the original tweet) (just like client.retweet method)

3. I could not figure out in the documentation what these methods are for ? https://github.com/sferik/twitter/commit/afd41a3e36cc94194a2110ba9adce13486ced9fd (added in 5.1.5)

4. How we are going to differentiate(quote tweet ) in the timeline line feed in my application, since the URL has to shown with the text and link to original tweet(quote tweet should be displayed as how it looks in the twitter in my web application) . I mean in the                          response of the timeline feed , do we have any parameter  that depicts it as quote tweet ?

Thanks,
Siva S