What should I do to integrate Twitter?

Solyda

Aug 8, 2011, 12:06:51 AM8/8/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi all,

I have used the API developed by Matt Gemmell for Twitter Integration
in iOS. I'm stuck when coming Authentication/Authorization. In the
API, it states the following:

// XAuth login - NOTE: You MUST email Twitter with your application's
OAuth key/secret to
// get OAuth access. This will not work if you don't do this.
- (NSString *)getXAuthAccessTokenForUsername:(NSString *)username
password:(NSString *)password;

What should I do with this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

kamesh SmartDude

Aug 9, 2011, 1:15:14 AM8/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hai Solyda,

You must raise a ticket in twitter site to get the permission to use X-Auth For your application.

u should write about your application when u are raising a ticket. Then Twitter team will give u the permission to access X-Auth.

X-Auth allows u to skip the step of Weblogin Authentication/PINCode Authentication.

//kamesh

--
Have you visited the Developer Discussions feature on https://dev.twitter.com/discussions yet?

Twitter developer links:
Documentation and resources: https://dev.twitter.com/docs

Viaduct Productions

Aug 9, 2011, 1:32:49 AM8/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Just out of curiosity, how DO you raise a ticket on the Twitter site? I've looked everywhere. I've posted on the site, but it's been over a week and no answer.

Cheers

_____________
Rich in Toronto

Aug 9, 2011, 1:33:54 AM8/9/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Why not use the more complete and cleaner OAuth. Eventually, this
will be a Twitter requirement.

http://code.google.com/p/gtm-oauth/

On Aug 8, 11:15 pm, kamesh SmartDude <kamesh.smartd...@gmail.com>

Viaduct Productions

Aug 9, 2011, 1:39:06 AM8/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Found it.

Rich in Toronto

Solyda Kim

Aug 9, 2011, 1:46:20 AM8/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have used the older version of Twitter library developed by Matt Gemmell. The API uses OAuth. But I encounter a problem that Twitter integration in my iOS app doesn't work in OS4.1. That's why I wanna try with the new version that uses XAuth.

Thanks,

Solyda