Simple Twitter App?

Iguanasan

Jun 5, 2010, 5:21:32 PM6/5/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello, Everyone.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a simple app. When someone
adds a new record to my database I want to tweet that it's available
to be seen - apartments for rent - so that anyone who follows my
twitter feed will get a notification about a new place for rent.

I've been forward and backward through the docs and I know that oAuth
is required and I've run some of the samples, however, most of them
seem to be allowing access to OTHER people's twitter accounts like a
Twitter app would do. I want to simple access to my OWN Twitter
account.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

PS: I'm working in PHP for this project.

Lil Peck

Jun 5, 2010, 5:35:59 PM6/5/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Cool! I've done something similar to announce new horse-for-ads on a
client's site. Here is some code to get you started:

http://classicaspreference.com/aspexamples/PHP_for_twitter.asp

Lil Peck

Jun 5, 2010, 5:38:09 PM6/5/10
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Lil Peck <lil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Iguanasan <eul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, Everyone.
>>
>> Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
>>

> Cool! I've done something similar to announce new horse-for-ads on a
> client's site. Here is some code to get you started:
>

> http://classicaspreference.com/aspexamples/PHP_for_twitter.asp

Oops, sent the wrong URL. Scroll down on this page for the PHP
version: http://classicaspreference.com/aspexamples/classic_asp_for_twitter_desapio.asp

Chris Thomson

Jun 5, 2010, 6:28:19 PM6/5/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
You may want to take a look at this page: http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_single_token

--
Chris Thomson, via iPad

John Meyer

Jun 6, 2010, 7:07:16 PM6/6/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

It's really not all that different than multiple accounts. What I would
suggest, however, is writing a trigger to fire on the database and send
an updated tweet rather than dealing with the client side.