How does twitterrific get their url in the from of every post?

Bluespark

Apr 4, 2007, 11:53:55 AM4/4/07
to Twitter Development Talk
I couldnt find this anywhere, but how come twitterrific gets a link to
their site if users change their status using their client?

Just curious?
Thanks, John.

Mario Menti

Apr 4, 2007, 12:48:36 PM4/4/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

I believe this was some special deal/ secret handshake kind of thing between Obvious and Iconfactory :-)
There's currently no way for 3rd party developers to do this, but some plans are afoot, to the best of my knowledge will be part of an API authentication scheme that's in the works as we speak..

Mario.

Alex Payne

Apr 4, 2007, 3:06:31 PM4/4/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Yup, Mario's got it right. We're doing a "secret handshake" with
30Boxes now, too, as a further trial of promoting third-party
applications via Twitter. We definitely want to get other developers
in on this soon.

--
Alex Payne
Obvious

John Ballinger

Apr 4, 2007, 11:24:48 PM4/4/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Spin, shake, handslap, thumbs over thumbs under, "swiiiiishshs"

Would love to start a secret handshake also.  Currently I am submitting all my Tweetr update status posts with the
status = "users new status message"
source = "tweetr"

Thanks for fixing the headers in the last API, really excited about Twitter and I have also been gaining a lot of traction with Tweetr because it is using Apollo which runs on macs and pc's and is Adobes flag ship framework right now.
Currently Actionscript Hero has a little post,
It has been listed on Adobe labs.
And several other developers have commented on it as well.

I am sure I will hear when you are doing this.  Thanks again guys.
John Ballinger.

Siegfried Hirsch

Apr 5, 2007, 3:54:02 AM4/5/07
2007/4/4, Alex Payne <al...@al3x.net>:

> Yup, Mario's got it right. We're doing a "secret handshake" with
> 30Boxes now, too, as a further trial of promoting third-party
> applications via Twitter. We definitely want to get other developers
> in on this soon.

Great, that is nice to hear

Siegfried, http://triQQr.de

gerwitz

Apr 7, 2007, 3:04:19 PM4/7/07
to Twitter Development Talk
Are the plans afoot regarding 3rd party "source" fields intended only
for client software credit, or could they be repurposed for a plazes
mashup?

Alex Payne

Apr 8, 2007, 11:41:50 AM4/8/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Could you describe in a little more detail what you're thinking of?
Presently, Twittermaps uses a kind of informal tag inlined in the
status message to accomplish its geolocation. Do you need something
more complicated than that?

--
Alex Payne
Obvious

gerwitz

May 26, 2007, 11:21:20 PM5/26/07
to Twitter Development Talk
Not more complicated, it just seems ugly to clutter the text of a
message with tagging. When I see "from" as message metadata, I think
it'd be neat if e.g. Twitterrific could put my actual location in
there from the plazes.com client.