Help regarding tweetbox implementation

peegee

Jul 8, 2011, 3:38:25 AM7/8/11
to Twitter Anywhere Development
I have used a tweetbox in an Opera extension popup. However I
encounter two problems as below:

1) On writing a tweet and clicking the button, the OAuth dialog is
opened in a new tab. However as the extension popup loses focus, it is
automatically closed. The tweet is lost (not posted to my timeline)
after authenticating. This happens only for the first time and
subsequent tweets are posted without problems.

2) Also I need to authenticate the app every time when I restart my
browser even though I have granted permission to the app. I can see it
in my twitter account settings. Is there anyway that the app will
retain the permissions and twitter will stop asking me to connect
every time.

Hope you understood my problem.

My app - oTweetr - https://dev.twitter.com/apps/516302
The html file I use for the popup - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32845121/otweetr.htm

themattharris

Jul 12, 2011, 1:21:04 PM7/12/11
to Twitter Anywhere Development
Hi Peegee,

@anywhere is session based which is why restarting your browser causes
you to have to re-authenticate. We don't
provide a way to change this.

Opera Extension development isn't something i'm familiar with, maybe
somebody else on the list is?

As an alternative to using @anywhere for your extension, have you
considered using Web Intents? They may provide the functionality you
are looking for without the application and client side authorization
you are doing now.

You can learn more about Web Intents on our developer site:
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/intents

Best,
@themattharris

On Jul 8, 12:38 am, peegee <pram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used a tweetbox in an Opera extension popup. However I
> encounter two problems as below:
>
> 1) On writing a tweet and clicking the button, the OAuth dialog is
> opened in a new tab. However as the extension popup loses focus, it is
> automatically closed. The tweet is lost (not posted to my timeline)
> after authenticating. This happens only for the first time and
> subsequent tweets are posted without problems.
>
> 2) Also I need to authenticate the app every time when I restart my
> browser even though I have granted permission to the app. I can see it
> in my twitter account settings. Is there anyway that the app will
> retain the permissions and twitter will stop asking me to connect
> every time.
>
> Hope you understood my problem.
>
> My app - oTweetr -https://dev.twitter.com/apps/516302

peegee

Jul 13, 2011, 5:10:19 PM7/13/11
to twitter-de...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Matt Harris. Twitter web intents are way better suited to use for my purpose. Thanks again.