Twitter Art Editor based on @Anywhere (new version)

marc fawzi

Aug 1, 2011, 2:24:15 AM8/1/11
to twitter-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi peeps

Lower the volume so you don't hurt your ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-d1p-c56U

I know this is a very low traffic mailing list so I'm not doing this
to spam but to share with you what is possible with @Anywhere and with
Twitter.

I remain steadfastly impressed by the technical decisions Twitter
engineers have made in designing @Anywhere and Twitter's API in
general but I *STILL* desperately need an On_Error event, especially
because sometimes @Anywhere just hangs and the spinner keeps spinning
(unrelated to duplicate status.. it does this once every 100 tweets or
so), which, believe me, I am not treating as a trivial issue, now that
I've dug into the heart of the beast :)

Anyways, here is a blog article about the @anywhere based Twitter Art
Editor (still the world's first) and I could write a very lengthy
article about Unicode & Twitter if there is sufficient interest in the
subject.
Hope you like it and are inspired to create something fantastic with
@anywhere ...

Oh by the way, anyway to present this at Chirp and talk about the
issues with Unicode from a platform perspective? eeks.

Marc
p.s. It still runs only on Firefox, the People's Browser, not your
faster-than-potato Chrome or whatever, and actually it is because of
the non-groovy way Chrome and IE handle unicode line breaking that
made me delay the cross-browser implementation. A lot of it is black
magic (or more exactly: an ancient line-breaking algorithm that no one
has looked at in ages)

http://evolvingtrends.wordpress.com
http://idibidiart.com