Scala 2.9.1 Plans?

Tyson Hamilton

Apr 3, 2012, 1:02:00 PM4/3/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Are there any plans to migrate to Scala 2.9.1?  I've seen some discussions around Finagle working with the newer Scala.

Abhishek Kona

Jun 11, 2012, 5:40:31 AM6/11/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Finagle works with Scala 2.9.1 (link)

Johan Oskarsson

Jun 11, 2012, 10:26:44 AM6/11/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Ryan has released these artifacts for Scala 2.9: http://maven.twttr.com/com/twitter/cassie-core/0.22.0/

Looks like those changes have not been pushed to github though.

/Johan

J. Nunn

Dec 22, 2012, 11:45:38 AM12/22/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Anyone had any success with 2.9.x? I'm trying 2.9.1 with Cassie 0.20.0 and am able to connect to a cluster, but once I try to connect to a keyspace,

val keyspace = cluster.keyspace(keyspaceName).connect()

I'm getting

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.runtime.RichLong.max(J)

Ryan King

Dec 22, 2012, 12:25:58 PM12/22/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
You're almost certainly going to need a newer version than that.

-ryan
--
@rk / theryanking.com

J. Nunn

Dec 22, 2012, 5:33:08 PM12/22/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ryan--I'm digging in cassie-core... looks like you guys may have abandoned SBT for Maven at that point? If so, I'll try the Maven route and see where that gets me.