exceeded 1.seconds to cassie while creating a service/connection or reserving a service/connection from the service/connection pool

As Syz

Jul 7, 2012, 6:09:14 AM7/7/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm trying to connect to my aws DC using cassie and get this:

But sometimes I have this error appears accidentaly on every method:

"exceeded 1.seconds to cassie while creating a service/connection or reserving a service/connection from the service/connection pool"

Should I increase connection timeout and how can I do it or it is very diifferent problem?

Thanks.

Ryan King

Jul 7, 2012, 2:16:54 PM7/7/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Its hard to say if there's another problem without more information.
Can you show us how you set up the cassie client?

-ryan

As Syz

Jul 8, 2012, 4:08:04 AM7/8/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for showing up Ryan,

What I'm trying to do is to generate all tests which already defined in cassie (those "yay for me" stuff). I realized that this error occur when all operation executes
consequently (inserts, updates, deletes, batch operation).It appears at the end of the tests, it doesn't matter which operation executes. I tried  to mix tests but whichever operation I put at the end it fails. Then I shrinked the test file by deleting some of them and everything worked out well. My only version is: this is the timeout of column family and number of operations on the same cf is restricted. But what if I need cf to be open for several seconds or so?

My confiiguration is :

libraryDependencies ++= Seq(
  "thrift" % "libthrift" % "0.5.0" from

resolvers += "Twitter's Repository" at "http://maven.twttr.com/"

libraryDependencies ++= Seq(
    "com.twitter" % "cassie-core" % "0.22.1",
    "com.twitter" % "cassie-serversets" % "0.20.0",
    "com.twitter" % "cassie-stress" % "0.20.0",
    "com.twitter" % "cassie-hadoop" % "0.20.0"
  )

thanks.

As Syz

Jul 8, 2012, 4:36:13 AM7/8/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say:

Scala v. 2.9.1
sbt 0.11.3

Ryan King

Jul 8, 2012, 1:54:00 PM7/8/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
So you get these errors when running the cassie tests?

Can you show us the code where you create your cassie clients?

-ryan

As Syz

Jul 8, 2012, 4:03:42 PM7/8/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
Everything is the same as in test,

  private val log = Logger.get(this.getClass)

  def main(args: Array[String]) {
    // create a cluster with a single seed from which to map keyspaces
    val cluster = new Cluster("<IP>") with ClusterBase

    // create a keyspace object (does nothing on the server)
    val keyspace = cluster.keyspace("test3").connect()

    // create a column family object (does nothing on the server)
    val cass = keyspace.columnFamily("Standard1", Utf8Codec, Utf8Codec, Utf8Codec)

    println("removing a row")
    cass.removeRow("yay for me").apply()

    println("Batching up some stuff")
    cass.batch()
      .removeColumn("yay for you", "name")
      .removeColumns("yay for us", Set("name", "motto"))
      .insert("yay for nobody", Column("name", "Burt"))
      .insert("yay for nobody", Column("motto", "'S funny."))
      .execute().apply()

    println("inserting some columns")
    cass.insert("yay for me", Column("name", "Coda")).apply()
    cass.insert("yay for me", Column("motto", "Moar lean.")).apply()

Maybe it just because of the server idle time...
Cheers.

On Sunday, 8 July 2012 23:54:00 UTC+6, Ryan King wrote:
So you get these errors when running the cassie tests?

Can you show us the code where you create your cassie clients?

-ryan

Ryan King

Jul 9, 2012, 1:02:10 PM7/9/12
to twitter...@googlegroups.com
And you've verified that you can communicate with the server? There
are no firewalls or networking issues?