How to host a private bower registry (for behind the firewall)

Toran Billups

Aug 4, 2013, 4:20:41 PM8/4/13
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
I spent the last few days working to get a fully functional bower behind the firewall (including my own bower web app, and a way to store my own git repositories in a "bower install foo" friendly way)

I wrote a fairly long post about it- hope it helps someone else who might need this in the future

http://toranbillups.com/blog/archive/2013/08/04/How-to-host-a-private-bower-registry/

Rafa Yepes

Dec 6, 2013, 3:14:57 PM12/6/13
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Hi Toran,

Seems that your link is broken. Could fix it, please? I'm really interested in the topic :)

Thank you!

Matthew Flinn

Dec 6, 2013, 3:32:16 PM12/6/13
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
I'm also very interested in doing this and sad about this broken link

Paul Irish

Dec 6, 2013, 5:35:49 PM12/6/13
to twitte...@googlegroups.com

Toran Billups

Dec 7, 2013, 9:06:21 AM12/7/13
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
I just migrated to jekyll and broke the permalink initially -but after a little config magic I think the orginal url now works

http://www.toranbillups.com/blog/archive/2013/08/04/How-to-host-a-private-bower-registry/

(note- the one paul mentioned w/ .html on the end is no longer valid)

Gleb Pospelov

Apr 25, 2014, 2:08:48 AM4/25/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com

Toran Billups

Apr 27, 2014, 3:14:40 PM4/27/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
It seems Jekyll decided to change to UTC by default when the timezone is not set ... so my post went back a day for some odd reason.

The (non html extension) version now works again using 08/04 as the date

http://www.toranbillups.com/blog/archive/2013/08/04/How-to-host-a-private-bower-registry/

Sorry for the confusion everyone

Barna Tóth

May 11, 2014, 5:13:36 AM5/11/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
For an easier private package management you could use private-bower

It's extremely easy to set up, and you'll just need a node installed, no db etc.
plus it supports fallback to the public registry if the package is not found in the private one, more over if your developer machines don't have access to public git repos, private-bower will clone the repositories for you on your public server and serve bower clients with private git repositories :)
Have fun

Richard Frost

Sep 16, 2014, 4:59:58 AM9/16/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a way of restricting access to a defined list of public GitHub repos in this situation?

Barna Tóth

Apr 18, 2015, 1:26:04 PM4/18/15
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Yes