add minified path to bower.json

Didier Amyot

Mar 12, 2014, 9:51:12 PM3/12/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
As an end user of Bower, I would like to see path to the minified main file in the bower.json file.  The reason
for that is quite simple, when I deploy a project, I always minify and concatenate all the js files together.
To make sure I optimize everything, I always take the minified version provided by the package if there is
one.

Having that information in the bower.json would help me a lot to automate the process as a whole.

Many thanks,

Didier Amyot

N.B.:  This is the first time I post to such a forum.

Sindre Sorhus

Mar 15, 2014, 8:53:19 AM3/15/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
That's been discussed multiple times on the issue tracker, and the consensus is that JS in Bower packages should be built, but not minified. The simple reason being that most will minify them in their build step anyways, and having both bloats the package and complicates everything.

Didier Amyot

Mar 15, 2014, 10:22:16 AM3/15/14
to twitte...@googlegroups.com
Sinder,

Thanks for the tip.  I'll take a look at that.  But personally, I prefer to have the option to use minified packages.  If someone has customized and uptimized its minification process, such as angularjs, I want to be able to use it.