search.twitter.com/trends methods will be turned off on Tuesday April 12th. Use api.twitter.com/1/trends instead.

Matt Harris

Apr 5, 2011, 8:06:36 PM4/5/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey everyone,

Last week we let you know that we would soon be removing the search.twitter.com/trends endpoints [1]. Next Tuesday (12th April) is when will turn these endpoints off so please make sure you are using api.twitter.com/1/ for trends before then.

We've noticed some of you are also using the wrong host for other requests to the API. To avoid problems or outages with your applications please ensure you are making requests to the correct hosts (and base paths) for the Twitter API you want to use. Even if your code is working now, you should check the hosts match those listed below:

REST API:
OAuth:
Streaming (Track):
Userstreams:
Sitestreams Beta:
Search:
Tweet Button:
Web Intents
@anywhere:
Web Widgets:

Some common errors include:
* Incorrectly using http://twitter.com instead of http://api.twitter.com/1/
* Incorrectly directing users to http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize instead of http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize

SSL (https) is supported on some but not all hosts. You can use SSL on:

Best,
@themattharris