How can I send longer messages?

hao qin

Jan 19, 2016, 3:58:26 AM1/19/16
to twister-dev
Hi,

I'm trying to send Magnet URI via twister, however messages are 140 characters at most.
Is there any plan we will enlarge this limit? I could get this done by configuration?

Luca Matteis

Jan 19, 2016, 4:05:52 AM1/19/16
to twist...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried third-party services such as url-shorteners?

Erkan Yilmaz

Jan 19, 2016, 7:38:01 AM1/19/16
to twist...@googlegroups.com
> Is there any plan we will enlarge this limit?

Please see bug: "raise char limit to 256"
https://github.com/miguelfreitas/twister-core/issues/76

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM, hao qin <yeah...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtuemlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

Miguel Freitas

Jan 19, 2016, 8:13:31 AM1/19/16
to twist...@googlegroups.com
Hao,

I should soon continue to work on implementing an 'url' field that would be the best place to store the Magnet URI without using the message text space.

regards,

Miguel