dumppubkey in public_server_mode?

JM

Aug 24, 2016, 3:40:22 PM8/24/16
to twister-dev
Hi,
I am curious as to why dumppubkey is disabled in public_server_mode?

It is easy to turn back on for sure, but what was the rationale for keeping it off?  It is useful to have it on in order to see if a username is available for example.

Thanks

Miguel Freitas

Aug 24, 2016, 5:37:42 PM8/24/16
to twist...@googlegroups.com
Hi JM,

This is probably just a mistake.

Do you want me to change it in our repository? Or just send me a push request and i'll merge it.

regards,

Miguel

JM

Aug 24, 2016, 9:09:05 PM8/24/16
to twister-dev
Probably these too should be available too, if I am reading and understanding the code correctly:

createrawtransaction

sendrawtransaction

sendnewusertransaction

(maybe decoderawtransaction  ??)

Although even with that I am getting a

'{code: -22, message: "TX rejected"}'

when I attempt to create a new user with twister-proxy and twister-react.

I can probably do a pull request eventually, but my code has some other changes (e.g. more console logging and the like) in order to track down why it wasn't working.  It is not completely working yet, but getting closer.  It has been quite educational to track down how all the components are working/not working together.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:40 PM, JM <jeffma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am curious as to why dumppubkey is disabled in public_server_mode?

It is easy to turn back on for sure, but what was the rationale for keeping it off?  It is useful to have it on in order to see if a username is available for example.

Thanks

JM

Aug 24, 2016, 9:23:52 PM8/24/16
to twister-dev
I did figure out the issue with the rejected - twister-react doesn't appear to be checking the length limit, and I was a character long and didn't notice since it was just a test creation.