Interview Request from The Takeaway

Ben Gottlieb

May 7, 2012, 1:17:57 PM5/7/12
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name's Ben Gottlieb; I'm a producer at The Takeaway, a nationally syndicated morning news radio program produced by Public Radio International and WNYC in collaboration with the New York Times, the BBC World Service, and WGBH Boston. I'm contacting you now in the hopes that any members of this group might be interested in joining our program tomorrow morning to discuss the evolving uses of drones, particularly as related to amateur UAVs. We would love to have you on.

We have tentatively scheduled the segment for 6:20 am EST; at about seven and a half minutes, it's the latest and longest unbooked segment on the show. Moreover, although we've not yet booked anyone else for the segment, I should let you know that it is a possibility; the other guest would someone who could speak more widely about the increasing access to and interest in UAVs used for non-military (that is, local or state government, geographic or ecological data-gathering, or recreational, among others) purposes.

The interview could be conducted by phone (or, if possible, by Skype, which we've found has a quite good connection -- better than a landline, in fact).

My number here is 646 829 4060; you may, of course, also reach me by email.

A little more about The Takeaway: Hosted by John Hockenberry and Celeste Headlee, the show reaches an audience of over half a million people each morning, and we're broadcast on more than fifty stations nationwide, including KFAI-FM (90.3) in the Twin Cities. We're also online at thetakeaway.org.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration. I very much hope to be in touch.

All my best,
Ben