FPV / UAS Fun Fly in MN/ND

Bill Sanford

May 28, 2013, 1:40:02 PM5/28/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Bill Sanford here in Bemidji, MN.  I've been doing FPV and UAS stuff for several years now and was wondering if others would be interested in trying to organize a FPV / UAS fun fly in the region?

I have emailed Ben Trapnell about this and I think Ben is interested.  Ben is an instructor at UND's UAS / aeronautics program.

Any interest in helping to get something off the ground?  Let me know.

Thanks!

Bill Sanford
bsanford at lptv.org
218-760-2790

john hestness

May 28, 2013, 6:16:54 PM5/28/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

I am interested. Are you thinking of having it in the Bemidji area or somewhere else?  I am in the cities, about 4 hrs away, but if it works out, I would go.

Also there is another new group in the metro area called RCadvanced.com,  I am pretty sure we could coordinate a meeting with them, although that would probably be in the cities.

I am planning to go to Watts over Owatonna. That is not until Aug.  And I am still thinking about going to watch the Sparkfun AVC on June 8.

By the way, does a UAS instructor fly a little quad or foamy like me, or something from Northrup/Grumman?

John

trap...@aero.und.edu

Aug 23, 2013, 7:17:11 PM8/23/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
This is Ben Trapnell.  I fly whatever I can build. Got a couple of 550's and a Y6 from 3D Robotics.  Been working on a precision Ag solution... Hope we see Li Sulphur batteries soon.  For those who haven't heard, 4x energy density over LiPo with 1000 cycles. I do fly something from NG, however.  That's a fixed-wing bird.

john hestness

Aug 24, 2013, 7:11:11 PM8/24/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,  I had a homemade 550 quad with an old KK board, now I am building a Flamewheel 450 with an APM.  About 3 weeks ago I lost a Radian with a sony action cam on it.  Those sulfur batteries sound great, I will have to look that up.  Where are you located?  What is NG?  Is the Ag project for gathering field info?  Is that for school? work? hobby?

http://groups.google.com/group/twin-cities-uav-fliers?hl=en

---