Sparkfun AVC and DroneCon

agep...@gmail.com

May 10, 2013, 10:33:50 PM5/10/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Anyone in the Twin Cities heading out to the AVC and the DroneCon the day before?

Andy

john hestness

May 11, 2013, 12:23:13 AM5/11/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
I am thinking about. I missed the registration, so I would be an observer

agep...@gmail.com

May 17, 2013, 10:25:00 PM5/17/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
There is plenty to be learned just by observing to be sure. Bring your sunscreen though. Lots of time out in the sun at 5000+ ft.

John, do you have a quad or something similar you were considering competing with? I just got a 3DR Quad. I won't be competing this year, but plan to next year. And two new sets of props showed up today so I'm set for some flying this weekend again...

john hestness

May 18, 2013, 12:54:14 PM5/18/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tips for the AVC, sounds like you have been there before?

I have a home made quad that I have flown but only with a KK board.  I just got a flamewheel frame, it is not built yet, but I already have a APM2 to put on it.  My APM1 is currently on a rover, it used to be on a T-28.

Where are you located?  I am in the south metro area.

http://groups.google.com/group/twin-cities-uav-fliers?hl=en

---

agep...@gmail.com

May 19, 2013, 9:57:39 PM5/19/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I had the opportunity to attend last year. It was a lot of fun. Very inspiring.

It sounds like you have more experience with quads than I do. The 3DR is my first. I have some R/C experience, with a tiny bit in helicopters. These quads sure are fun though because than can be so stable, and fly in such small areas compared to a plane. I really like not having to go to the flying field to test things out.

I'm up in Blaine. Has there been much activity in this Google Group, or with quad-copter meet-ups in the Twin Cities?

john hestness

May 20, 2013, 12:29:55 AM5/20/13
to twin-cities...@googlegroups.com

There is a new group in town.  I went to the last meeting, there was a lot of interest in quads and also FPV.  Great group of people. The website is rcadvanced.com

If it is alright, I will email you directly in the next day or two.  And maybe I will meet you at the next rcadvanced meeting, when they schedule one.