Mobility Data Workshop

Kevin Karner

Jun 28, 2019, 1:27:11 PM6/28/19
to Open Twin Cities
Hey all,

I'm a new member (though longtime admirer) of the group. I thought an upcoming event might be of interest to the group, particularly to those who work with local government and/or transportation professionals.

On July 11, the University of Minnesota's Center for Transportation Studies will be hosting a morning workshop on data sharing with shared mobility services--anything from Uber/Lyft to scooters to Nice Ride. The topics we're hoping to address include:

  • What data are we talking about and why is it important?
  • What are the concerns with individual privacy and how can they be addressed?
  • Why don’t private companies want to share data?
  • What are the technical challenges to creating, managing, and using all this data?
  • How do local, state, national, and internal policies on data affect these issues?
Cheers!
Kevin