Question about the Twilight success

Leeloo68

Jul 14, 2010, 9:15:43 PM7/14/10
to Twilight Sisterhood
Greetings all! I'll begin by saying I am enthralled by all of the
Twilight books and movies, I am a huge fan. I would also probably be
categorized as a "Twi-mom" or whatever they are titled these
days...except, I have no children unless 2 spunky mix-breed terriers
count as kids! They do to me!

What I'd like to ask has to do with an opinion I have - the reason the
Twilight saga is so popular is that it is filling a very empty void
that young women in general have been missing. Everyday, females of
all ages are bombarded with images of other women in the media. There
have not been many satisfying films (perhaps books) that give
heterosexual females nice, strong examples of men. (Be it vampire or
otherwise) Men who are sensitive, they are extremely appealing. But,
still men in every sense of the sexy word they can be! And, we like
looking at men more then other women right? (Unless of course that is
your preference, in which case, I think the original Victoria was
awesome! :-) )

Do you agree? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
LL

mvc...@aol.com

Jul 14, 2010, 9:52:43 PM7/14/10
to twilight-...@googlegroups.com
Hi LL:

For me, it rekindled my love all over again. It reminded my that my "Edward" is right in front of me.  I am proud to say I do indeed have my "Edward". Now, sistas, this is no joke, but the line I got from him when I first started dating was this, "I am like heroine" you will keep coming back for more" that was 17 years ago, and let me tell you, I've been hooked ever since.  So, of course, when I read the book, I was in shock.  No way, not exactly the same line, but close.  I knew I would be hooked on the books and movies.

I think this book/story connects with every age group, whether, it rekindles, the wanting to have a love like that, first loves, crushes, of course the "in love with two guys" thing.  And it brought back, old fashion love. Personal sistas, I love that.  It also brought, mothers, daughter, grandmothers, and friend together.

I am 43 and a bit old fashion with a twist of "sassy latin fabulous" in me.

MV
[...]

Plainet

Jul 14, 2010, 11:31:23 PM7/14/10
to twilight-...@googlegroups.com
When I first started the series I was a Harlequin whore, I didnt expect to this story to wrap me so tight i couldnt see straight. I wanted an Edward (and still want one), plain and simple.  I think I've always been the one 'in love' and the guy was just there. And to see a male character who was protective yet sensitive made me want more.

-tp

KP

Jul 15, 2010, 10:59:13 AM7/15/10
to Twilight Sisterhood
MV!
I absolutely love your story!! The books did the same for me... my guy
is totally my hero too. so cute!

On Jul 14, 6:52 pm, mvcu...@aol.com wrote:
> Hi LL:
>
> For me, it rekindled my love all over again. It reminded my that my "Edward" is right in front of me.  I am proud to say I do indeed have my "Edward". Now, sistas, this is no joke, but the line I got from him when I first started dating was this, "I am like heroine" you will keep coming back for more" that was 17 years ago, and let me tell you, I've been hooked ever since.  So, of course, when I read the book, I was in shock.  No way, not exactly the same line, but close.  I knew I would be hooked on the books and movies.
>
> I think this book/story connects with every age group, whether, it rekindles, the wanting to have a love like that, first loves, crushes, of course the "in love with two guys" thing.  And it brought back, old fashion love. Personal sistas, I love that.  It also brought, mothers, daughter, grandmothers, and friend together.
>
> I am 43 and a bit old fashion with a twist of "sassy latin fabulous" in me.
>
> MV-----Original Message-----

Plainet

Jul 15, 2010, 11:19:35 AM7/15/10
to twilight-...@googlegroups.com
You what's so funny, I recently did a radio interview (the interview from hell as Vanessa puts it) and the guy assumed all adult Twi fans were lonely old spinsters and I told him no most are married. as he asked me that question I realized most of you may have found your Edward or Jake and reliving in, while single girls like me are actively searching.

-tp

Leeloo68

Jul 15, 2010, 12:14:08 PM7/15/10
to Twilight Sisterhood
That is funny because almost all of the women I know who like Twi are
in relationships or married. Stephanie Meyer has struck a cord with
women of all ages. Something I think we've all been missing! I read
one article that compared people who are REALLY into Twilight as if
its a religion. I found that funny and a huge stretch. Everyone
likes it for similar reasons, but we all also have these odd little
reasons that are individual that the story addresses. Whether its the
clumsy teen we remember being or are, liking the bad boy or good boy
(although, we all know they both have that in each of them, which
makes it even more appealing)...the parents separated, enjoying the
intensity of the male emotions...she's go it all!