Twebst portable ?

Jean-Francois Perreault

Jun 21, 2017, 12:25:11 AM6/21/17
to Twebst
Hi,

I'm using excel/vba  to automate some task in a very annoying web application

Using the internet explorer automation is very difficult and progress very slow !

I would love to use twebst to find the name of different object in the IE automation

For instance I have a page where I need to press a button which is in a table in a table in a frame in a frame in a frame !

Finding the right object name and parameters to press that button has been tedious and I haven't succeeded yet !

I would love to just push that button and it would tell me it's

ie.document.getElementsByTagName("frame1").document.getElementsByTagName("frame2").document.getElementsByTagName("button1").press

or something !

Anyway, the problem is installing software is basically impossible. It takes all kind of requests and cost analysis, project creating, team assignments, just asking would probably cost half my yearly salary here !

But I can use portable software !

Is there any way to use twebst in a portable manner ? (Also is twebst the right software for the job ?)

thanks !