Trying to port prusa firmware for Ramps

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 15, 2019, 9:46:39 AM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I hope that someone can tell my why i get compile errors when i try to compile what i "think" is a good port of the prusa firmware

i have put it here  for the world to look at:  https://github.com/boelle/Prusa-Firmware
the info file is inside the src folder and it can be opened and compiled with vscode+platform.io
for arduino ide just rename the folder to Firmware

the errors i get are: https://pastebin.com/8rHAuY4C

i could just have gotten an einsy board and no problem, but i have several mega/ramps combo's in a parts box that are just collecting dust

my ultimate goal is to run prusa's firmware for the mk3 on a ramps setup, but of course with the power-out  disabled along with the filament sensor just i'm left with just the pinda probe that i do have on my mendel90 franken build

what did i miss in my attempt to port things?

               @(~Ô^Ô~)@
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|  Bo Herrmannsen                     |
|                                     |
|                                     |
| "blessed are the "cracked",         |
|  for its they who let in the light" |
|                         Ooo         |
|_________________ooO____(   )________|
                 (   )    ) /
                  \ (    (_/
                   \_)

Alex Gibson

Jun 15, 2019, 11:35:55 AM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com

Leftfield suggestion:

Here is a successful port of the MMu2 code to RAMPS.  While it’s not the same thing, it is similarly recent, and might give you a clue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdonLhE165A

Alex Gibson

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d    37 Royal Avenue, Reading RG31 4UR

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing

--

---

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 15, 2019, 2:32:46 PM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
will give it a look, but i'm close

https://github.com/boelle/Prusa-Firmware/tree/MK3/Firmware

for some funny reason it does not like when the pind probe pin is set to 15

other than adding a pins file for the ramps board my changes are minimal

configuration_adv.h: added electronics cooling fan
boards.h & pins.h: added ramps board
xyzcal.cpp: added ramps board

this might show my changes a bit better: https://github.com/boelle/Prusa-Firmware/commit/0c49e040579b2b016b20e9e9cffc32d419d360a1

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 15, 2019, 2:39:26 PM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com

Trevor Moseley

Jun 15, 2019, 6:40:47 PM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing you aren't a software engineer?
You should read the errors file that you published.
You have added a new pins.h, but you haven't removed the old definitions.

  1. Compiling .pioenvs\megaatmega2560\src\Firmware.ino.cpp.o
  2. In file included from src\pins.h:13:0,
  3. from C:/Users/boher/OneDrive/Github/Prusa-Firmware/src/Firmware.ino:67:
  4. src\pins_ramps.h:87:0: warning: "KILL_PIN" redefined
  5. #define KILL_PIN            -1
  6. ^
  7. src\pins_ramps.h:62:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
  8. #define KILL_PIN               41
  9. ^

Your pins.h is including pins_ramps.h, that probably has #ifdef or some flags to determine which values to use, you are missing that, so defines are given twice, in this case KILL_PIN with 2 different values.
If you comment out the line:
#define KILL_PIN      41
It will go further

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 15, 2019, 6:45:00 PM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
yep, i cleared that one, stupid mistake

but i'm still stuck with the pin number for the pinda probe, it works if i set it to anything lower than 15 but it has to be 15 as that is the only thermistor input free on the ramps, the other 2 are taken by the bed and the extruder

if i switch arround pin numbers whatever that has 15 throws and an error

will double check this in the morning

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 15, 2019, 6:49:47 PM6/15/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
https://pastebin.com/eESrLcsL

that is what i have left, and if i set the pin number for the pinda to 13 (just to test my claim that lower than 15 works) it compiles ok

Bo Herrmannsen

Jun 16, 2019, 7:06:03 AM6/16/19
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com
but no, i'm just a noob, not an   software engineer by any means

i got the firmware loaded and i had to use an ISP programmer as prusa has dropped bootloaders on the MK3

but when i connect i get partly garbled text and i do connect at the right speed

output when i flash the firmware with ISP: https://pastebin.com/7g4hZy3Q
to me everything seems in order except line 69 where an mismatch happens

when i connect i get this output: https://pastebin.com/QF460whs

the statement: Attempted to write invalid text to console, which could be due to an invalid baudrate
cant be right as i connect at 115200 as the firmware says, and if i try  other speeds i dont get any readable text at all

: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !  could be partly true, i do have a generic 100K thermistor on all 3 inputs of the ramps

so clearly something is wrong, but i have checked my pins file and i think its correct, but then again it says max temp without me knowing what temp it reads