DIY High Flow Hot-End

mikethebee

Nov 21, 2021, 6:26:28 AM11/21/21
to TVRepRapUG
I don't really understand this yet but it looks interesting: https://twitter.com/CNC_Kitchen/status/1462104245340188672

Alex Gibson

Nov 21, 2021, 6:41:34 AM11/21/21
to tvrep...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike

If you’ve not seen it already, check out Stefan’s previous video review of the bondtech CHT LICENCED nozzle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJdv5bFGOg&t=2s

The principle is increasing the surface area over which the end of the filament is heated, without lengthening the melt zone.  It’s really very clever and one of those ‘of course’ innovations.

Stefan’s hot end is not as good but he’s proving that even blocking the filament flow with a blunt round wire, more heat via more surface area still overcomes and increases peak flow rate.

Alex Gibson

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d    37 Royal Avenue, Reading RG31 4UR

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing

--

---

image001.png

mikethebee

Nov 21, 2021, 7:25:34 AM11/21/21
to TVRepRapUG
Hello Alex, An interesting summary of recent designs, thanks for suggesting it. Funny thing is that I visited his Twitter from a link about scientists disagreeing about how electricity flows in a conductor, after all we were taught it shows you cannot believe all you were told: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY