4.7.4 Looking at log crash

Tom Snyder

Jun 30, 2022, 8:05:27 PM6/30/22
to TV Rename
Help>Log>View Full Log>CRASH!

2022-06-30 19:53:50|FATAL| UNHANDLED ERROR - Application.ThreadException System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (32): An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Users\micro\AppData\Roaming/TVRename/log/TVRename.log' with working directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TVRename\x86\locales'. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Pontus Berg

Jul 1, 2022, 9:31:53 AM7/1/22
to TV Rename
Looks like you are running two instances of the program, both trying to access the same log file ...

Sparky53

Jul 1, 2022, 12:10:10 PM7/1/22
to TV Rename
Sorry Tom - will be fixed in the next version. Until then open the log from the file system and not that button: C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\TVRename\log

Tom Snyder

Jul 1, 2022, 12:13:10 PM7/1/22
to TV Rename
It would be nice if it was that simple but from all I can see there is/was only one instance.  When I get a chance later I'll dig deeper into the Event logs.

So, I'm assuming that you have not had this crash happen to you?   I hate it when I'm the only one on the island!

Note to Sparky:  I finally just regrettably signed up for Github so that I can leave my bug reports in the proper place rather than here in the Forum.  I was asked a ton of developer questions for which I didn't know an answer.  They let me in anyway.

Tom Snyder

Jul 1, 2022, 12:46:56 PM7/1/22
to TV Rename
Sparky,
Looks like you snuck in there while I was replying back to Pontus.  Sounds good.  Patiently waiting for the next version.  Thanks!