Episode Thumbnails Issue

Steven K

Apr 1, 2022, 7:44:19 AM4/1/22
to TV Rename
So, I have been having issues lately with KODI duplicating added episodes to the library.  I haven't figured out why this just started happening recently after all these years of using the software.  I am noticing however that TVR seems to now be downloading 2 different types thumbnail files for the episodes.  I see I have tons of episode files that have this -thumb.jpg file in addition to the standard tbn file. I only have "Episode Thumbnails (tbn) setting checked in TVR's settings.  Where are these -thumb.jpg files coming from, and how do I get TVR to stop downloading them?  I believe this might be the reason KODI is adding duplicate entries for many of the episode files.

Sparky53

Apr 2, 2022, 11:45:34 AM4/2/22
to TV Rename
Kodi has moved to using the -thumb.jpg files: https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Episode

TVR should be producing the new style now and not the tbn ones. Any old TBN files can be removed

Steven K

Apr 3, 2022, 12:32:57 PM4/3/22
to TV Rename

Ah, okay.  So under Media Centres settings, KODI section checkbox should say "Episode Thumbnails (-thumb.jpg)" instead of  "Episode Thumbnails (.tbn)"?

Sparky53

Apr 6, 2022, 8:52:33 PM4/6/22
to TV Rename
Yeah - will be in the next version - thanks for reporting

Steven K

Apr 6, 2022, 10:04:59 PM4/6/22
to TV Rename
Awesome!