New Install Completely Hosed Now.

Steven K

Jul 2, 2022, 9:43:32 AMJul 2
to TV Rename
I did it again against my better judgement.  I updated the app to 4.7.4 and now can't get it to run.  Says I must install missing frameworks and asks if I want to download it now which then takes me to a webpage.  However, the webpage presents me with 3 different versions for download.  Which one am I supposed to download?  Installed a couple of the .NET 6.0 runtimes from there but TVR still complains it's missing frameworks. Which .NET frameworks is it missing?  Why doesn't it just download/install it in the background if it's missing?

Steven K

Jul 2, 2022, 9:57:37 AMJul 2
to TV Rename
Rolling back for version 4.7.1 for now which runs fine.

Tom Snyder

Jul 2, 2022, 12:48:32 PMJul 2
to TV Rename
You need to download the SDK and not the Runtimes (the Runtimes are actually in the SDK along with other stuff.)  Which one of the three you need to download depends on what version of Windows you are running.  Windows/32 takes x86.  Windows/64 is x64.  And the last one, Arm64 is for an Arm type of CPU computer and is the least likely one you'll have.  If you don't know what you have, one easy way to find out and also to see what .NET framework you have is to load up the Windows Command Prompt.  Enter "Command Prompt" (no quotes) in the Windows Search box at the bottom left.  A Command Prompt box will appear and at the blinking cursor enter, "dotnet --info" (no quotes).  Make sure that there are two hyphens before the "info".  This will display the info you need to know.
The RID will tell you what OS you are running - x64, x32, or Arm64.  The .NET SDKs Installed will show what SDKs you presently have.  The latest and the one you want is 6.0.301.  So, go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/visual-studio-sdks and download the correct SDK for your OS under the "Visual Studio 2022 SDK" column on the .NET 6.0 line.  Install and you are then set for TVR 4.7.2 and beyond.

Steven K

Jul 2, 2022, 11:04:39 PMJul 2
to TV Rename
New version works flawlessly now.  Thank you for the instructions.  I must have missed all the fine print somewhere.  The link you mentioned above helped tremendously.  I don't believe that was the webpage TVR installation took me to originally.  Made all the difference.

Tom Snyder

Jul 3, 2022, 12:48:31 AMJul 3
to TV Rename
I can't take credit for it.  Sparky gave the address in the post here titled ".NET error version 4.7.2 and up."