ERROR We have got 1001 pages of updates and we are not up to date.

Colin Geissler

Jun 17, 2024, 1:00:46 AMJun 17
to TV Rename
I have been dealing with this for a while.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and  "Force Refresh All" a couple times.

Here is the error message:

"22:06:13 ERROR We have got 1001 pages of updates and we are not up to date.The system will need to check again once this set of updates have been processed.
 Last Updated time was 2024-04-14 11:18:58 PM
New Last Updated time is 2024-04-14 11:18:58 PM

If the dates keep getting more recent then let the system keep getting updates, otherwise consider a 'Force Refresh All'"

I am running TVRename v5.0.8 in Win 11 Home 64-bit 23H2 build 22631.3593
1. I can't just launch TVRename.  If I do, it opens in a window off screen.  I try to use WINKEY+SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT ARROW to try to move the window onto my display, but it never works.  I have to launch the application  "Run as Administrator"
2. Once running, I choose "Scan TV".  The Scan Progress and Download Progress windows open.  The Download Progress bar displays "Currently Downloading: Getting updates list from TVDB" but usually nothing seems to happen.
- I confirm I have internet access.
- I confirm that I can access TVDB directly in a web browser.
3. So, I cancel that.  I try to just "Force Refresh" one TV show in the list.  I am trying this as I am typing and now it appears I the app is unresponsive.  I can't cancel the Download Progress window.  SO, I use Task Manager to end task.
4. When I restart the app now, I get a "TV Rename Recover" window that tells me "The TVDB.xml: Unexpected end of file has occurred.  So I choose the date of what I believe is the last good update -- which was back in April.
5. This time I do a "Bulk Add TV Shows".  There are  7 new shows detected, so I "Auto ID All"  3 of the 7 need to be manually ID'd, then I "Add & Close".  Download Progress window opens and the status says "Currently  Downloading: ---" meaning no download source is showing.  I check again and TheTVDB.com works just fine in a browser.

So I will let this run and later I will see if there has been any progress.  Typically, there is no progress.  I end the task thinking I will check the user forum later -- which is what I am doing now.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Tom Snyder

Jun 17, 2024, 12:34:35 PMJun 17
to TV Rename
TV Rename is meant to be run, ideally, on a daily basis.  1001 pages from back in April will take a long time to update.  You should have done a "Force Refresh All" (in the Tools tab) from the very beginning, or just let the Scan/Download that you started to continue for however many hours it might take.  Stopping the update while in progress has the potential of damaging the local database.
What is the reason you are using TV Rename?  With such long times between visits to it, it doesn't appear that you are using it as primarily intended, as a daily TV scheduler and "seen" database.  There are several other TV database programs out there that will keep track of shows as a whole but don't get into daily schedule tracking as TV Rename does.  Those might be better suited for you.

Steven K

Jun 18, 2024, 7:41:22 AMJun 18
to TV Rename
Right!  I've used TVR everyday for years.  Granted while I used to easily have 3-4 new episodes daily, the way TV has been the last couple of years, I may have 3-4 new episodes weekly.