Wierd TV Show Information

Steven K

Oct 12, 2022, 7:29:21 AM10/12/22
to TV Rename
Under the Information tab for different TV shows, I sometimes find wierd data going on.  Not sure if these are programming bugs or if the information that gets pulled is incorrect.  I've been just ignoring them recently but it seems to be happening quite frequently so I thought maybe I should start posting about some of them.  For example, today I noticed that the "Airs" section for a show should just say it airs on Sundays on the appropriate networks, yet it also shows today's date in it which is confusing.  This show does not air on 10/12/2022.  Is today's date in there because that was the last time the air information was updated?

date.JPG

Tom Snyder

Oct 12, 2022, 4:38:22 PM10/12/22
to TV Rename
Since you didn't list the name of the program, I can only guess what is going on.  It probably was a joint production of PBS and ITV.  It probably aired first on ITV, maybe even today 10/12/2022.  Then as history is a guide, it will air on PBS about 6 months later.
Going to theTVDB.com will explain where it first aired and when.  IMDb.com might help with if it aired anywhere after that.  Going to Wikipedia and looking up the show would probably supply even more info.

Steven K

Oct 13, 2022, 7:20:31 AM10/13/22
to TV Rename
Sorry. It's "All Creatures Great and Small (2020)".  The air information did change again today to 10/13/2022 Sunday, Thursday, Channel 5, PBS.  Will see if tomorrow it changes to tomorrow's date. The fact it now lists Thursday and there is a change to Channel 5 makes me wonder.

Tom Snyder

Oct 13, 2022, 4:40:05 PM10/13/22
to TV Rename
Lucky you.  It's one of the shows that my wife watches (and I sometimes catch an episode) so I'm very familiar with it.  At this very moment, as I write this, Episode S03E05 is airing on Channel 5 in the UK.  So my TVDB listing shows it as airing on Thursdays at 4pm (since I'm in the Eastern US timezone.)  Season 3 will not air on PBS in the US until January 2023.  Of course you'll be able to get S03E05 in a little while via torrent, newsgroup, streaming or whatever method you like after it finishes airing in the UK.

Sparky53

Nov 4, 2022, 11:24:41 AM11/4/22
to TV Rename
Looks like a bug - any reason you are using the old style  show information panel?

Sparky53

Nov 6, 2022, 2:06:39 AM11/6/22
to TV Rename
Should look like this:

Toggle at Preferences > Display > Show Basic Show Details

Capture2.JPG