TV Show episodes download very very slowly

Me Me

Apr 10, 2024, 9:49:21 PMApr 10
to TV Rename
So I click the Add button, search for the show, select it. Then it popups up a box labeled 'Download Progress', and in the box it states "Currently Downloading:  ---".

It just sits there for hours. It's done this many months ago, but when away. I tried to downgrade my version, didn't help. It looks like it is downloading data, just at the low Kbit speed.

Also the Private Bytes as seen with Process Hacker shows its RAM usage started at 100MB. Then 9 minutes later it's jumped to 1.26GB used.

Has anyone else had this happen? My 500Mbps internet seems fine. It seems to happen to every show I add. It's almost to the point where the program is unusable to me

Me Me

Apr 10, 2024, 11:01:02 PMApr 10
to TV Rename
I stopped it and tried again. After letting it sit for quite a while, I left and came back to this popup. After clicking OK I got the 2nd message.

LRU.png
EWD.png

Me Me

Apr 10, 2024, 11:42:45 PMApr 10
to TV Rename
Oh snap. So I did the Tools->Force Refresh All, and that did the trick. I never used the database anyway. I never saved anything when I exited. I always used the software on an as needed basis. But apparently somewhere it keeps a log of everything I do. It's one strange bug.. Oh well, it's working now.

Tom Snyder

Apr 11, 2024, 1:15:03 AMApr 11
to TV Rename
It's not a bug.  You've just chosen to use the program, NOT as it was intended to be used.

Me Me

Jun 14, 2024, 11:46:02 PMJun 14
to TV Rename
The speed didn't last long. After a while it went back to slow downloading again. I just added another TV Show right now, and my bandwidth was about 1.5Mbit for a minute and a half. Ya, my bandwidth is capable of way more than that.

It seems like The TVDB has times of bandwidth capping. Sometimes I add a show and it spikes and done within 1 to 2 seconds. Other times it drags on at 1 Mbit for a few minutes. Depends on the show of course, and how many seasons and how much picture data it's downloading. Very strange. So for now it's bearable again, at about 1 to 2 minutes to add a new TV Show. At least I'm not getting any popup errors anymore. The 100Kbps download speed really sucked, and I hope that doesn't happen again.