Multi language bulk add

Pontus Berg

Nov 3, 2021, 2:16:28 PM11/3/21
to TV Rename
Sparky,

I'm very glad you took the step to add support for movies.

Please find my contributions to the current function:
* I have found that I can select a language in "Data Sources". My issue is that I want two languages there - both Swedish and English.

* Interacting with the Bulk Add Requester (like manually searching for a movie name and selecting one) makes it refresh and start from the very top. Very annoying.

* Selecting "Duplicate Movies" it finds the options where the movie is split into two (CD01/CD02) it's identified as a dupe.

* Movie tags - any chance we could hope for more tags? Resolution would be one I look for.

* One aspect to have a look at is how to reference things especially in the setting menu; there seems to be a mix of "TV", "TV Show" and "Show". I would favor "TV show" I guess, but most importantly would be consistency here.

Sparky53

Nov 5, 2021, 10:43:29 AM11/5/21
to TV Rename
* I have found that I can select a language in "Data Sources". My issue is that I want two languages there - both Swedish and English.
This controls which language you'd prefer for a show's name and descriptions if it is available. It will always backup to English if your preferred language is not available. (although let us know how well this works as it'll need testing). You can override this setting on a per show/movie basis too.

* Interacting with the Bulk Add Requester (like manually searching for a movie name and selecting one) makes it refresh and start from the very top. Very annoying.

* Selecting "Duplicate Movies" it finds the options where the movie is split into two (CD01/CD02) it's identified as a dupe.
Can you give an example with some filenames please? Does it have 'Multipart movie' set to true? If so these can be filtered out. Right click on the column header

* Movie tags - any chance we could hope for more tags? Resolution would be one I look for.
Resolution is not easy as we need to look into the file to get the resolution. It would make scans very slow - welcome to add it to the ideas wall as a new feature request

* One aspect to have a look at is how to reference things especially in the setting menu; there seems to be a mix of "TV", "TV Show" and "Show". I would favor "TV show" I guess, but most importantly would be consistency here.
I agree "TV Show" is better. I'll start to change it, but any specific changes you note are needed would help

Pontus Berg

Nov 7, 2021, 9:43:18 AM11/7/21
to TV Rename
My first mail was blocked (possibly mailing from wrong address) so sorry for late reply...

fredag 5 november 2021 kl. 15:43:29 UTC+1 skrev Sparky53:
* I have found that I can select a language in "Data Sources". My issue is that I want two languages there - both Swedish and English.
This controls which language you'd prefer for a show's name and descriptions if it is available. It will always backup to English if your preferred language is not available. (although let us know how well this works as it'll need testing). You can override this setting on a per show/movie basis too.

My experience is that it also controls which name the regex uses for finding a corresponding match in the auto id of the Bulk add. My collection is highly inconsistent here so I would really want the auto id to look for both the Swedish and English, and inheriting this setting makes sense. If you can have more than one.

Adding to this, my national names sometimes contain umlats (å, ä and ö). It's common that my files are names without the umlats (a,a and o) so searching for them, I must manually override and add the umlat characters. Here searching for the "umlatless" variants of the characters would be helpful (assuming we want the automation to have the best possible hitratre, minimizing the manual work). I would assume the "tilde over n" for "señnor" in Spanish, the "ü" in German and ô in French (and similar) would be cases with the same issue.

 * Interacting with the Bulk Add Requester (like manually searching for a movie name and selecting one) makes it refresh and start from the very top. Very annoying.

Humble thanks!

* Selecting "Duplicate Movies" it finds the options where the movie is split into two (CD01/CD02) it's identified as a dupe.
Can you give an example with some filenames please? Does it have 'Multipart movie' set to true? If so these can be filtered out. Right click on the column header

I don't have that set. The first example was this:

Bill.2007.SWESUB.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-Blazze.CD01.avi
Bill.2007.SWESUB.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-Blazze.CD02.avi

I am trying to replace all of these, so eventually, they will be gone.

* Movie tags - any chance we could hope for more tags? Resolution would be one I look for.
Resolution is not easy as we need to look into the file to get the resolution. It would make scans very slow - welcome to add it to the ideas wall as a new feature request

While adding TV shows, the resolution is also sometimes visible when you have multiple versions. For me, higher resolution is normally a valid criterion for when to keep which version and I find that information valuable for my decision. I do understand that it might take a lot of file scanning, which will make things really slow. But isn't this a one-off thing? You do keep a database so if you scanned once and added this data, then the determined resolution could be assumed until the file size changes (again calculating a CRC would also mean a silly long scan so file size is the only reasonable parameter). And I do well understand qualifying a task as small is a lot easier if you are not the one to do it ;-)

* One aspect to have a look at is how to reference things especially in the setting menu; there seems to be a mix of "TV", "TV Show" and "Show". I would favor "TV show" I guess, but most importantly would be consistency here.
I agree "TV Show" is better. I'll start to change it, but any specific changes you note are needed would help

My first brief look is only in the settings menu:

Library folders: TV Library folders would be TV Show Library folders.
Movie defaults: Default show settings would be Default Movie settings.
Show defaults: Heading and inside "Tv Show"
Search folders: Auto add Shows (several instances). The Auto Add shows segment has both TV and movie why the heading should possibly be "SAuto Add media" or something that encompass both.