Movie still "missing" after scan

Eric Dunn

Jan 10, 2022, 11:10:45 PM1/10/22
to TV Rename
Sorry this is probably a simple issue.  Have a movie in my library named incorrectly (name.year.quality etc).  The scan doesn't find it.  I have to right click and then browse to find.

Same naming convention in the tv library works fine.  The scan picks up the poorly named episodes during the scan.  Is there a config setting I'm missing exclusive to the movie scan?

Sparky53

Jan 11, 2022, 12:36:34 AM1/11/22
to TV Rename
Anything in the logs?

What is the filename? Which movie are you expecting it to match? What is the Movie filename naming convention?

Eric Dunn

Jan 11, 2022, 9:35:57 AM1/11/22
to TV Rename
Nothing in the logs error-wise.  The movie is in my library folder with the name below, which is my default for ripping movies from DVD:

My.Cousin.Vinny.1992.480p.Local.mkv

TV episodes are named similarly in my library and the scan picks them up as needing to be processed.

Sparky53

Jan 11, 2022, 9:37:41 PM1/11/22
to TV Rename
Sorry to pepper with questions. Do you have that movie in your list of tracked movies (ie does it appear in the 'Movies' Tab).

If so, where does the configuration say the file should be? is the file in this location?

Eric Dunn

Jan 11, 2022, 9:54:11 PM1/11/22
to TV Rename
Yes movie is in the list and file is in the right library folder just named incorrectly.  Movie shows up after a scan with no checkmark.  I have to browse to find it

Sparky53

Jan 11, 2022, 10:00:15 PM1/11/22
to TV Rename
Seems to work OK for me. Are you using 'Single Movie per Folder'?

Sparky53

Jan 12, 2022, 7:07:58 PM1/12/22
to TV Rename
Next version will make this easier if you are using 'Single Movie per Folder'

Eric Dunn

Jan 13, 2022, 6:14:10 PM1/13/22
to TV Rename

What I found was that if the folder is named the "bad" way it isn't found but if the folder is named correctly then it is found.