TMDB year updates

Pontus Berg

May 9, 2024, 5:58:51 PMMay 9
to TV Rename
The actual year of a movie is a bit floating.

What I get an annoying lot is that an entry in the movie DB suddenly appears under a new year. So I get "This Movie (2020)" as well as "The Movie (2021)".

So I have a dummy directory and Radarr finds a new entry which it already has on file and wants me to suggest a new name for this second entry.

So I have to manually remove the "manual folder" in the settings for the movie (not selected but it bugs me it's there) and remove the directory  from the file system, remove the entry from Radarr and then scan for the updated entry.

I would welcome a less manual labour intense process for when TMDB (I assume this is why this heppens) makes data updates. For all I care, why not just rename the folder? (I know "just" is easy to say for someone who does not need to make the effort himself, but still ...).