最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Pontus Berg

未読、
2022/01/19 11:24:512022/01/19
To: TV Rename
What are the criteria for when data is deleted?

I did a full scan of TV series and just did a "Do selected". Lost several full TV series as a result (my responsibility - I am not complaining, just trying to help so it won't happen again and to others). In some cases I had an empty directory and in others there was a fanart.jpg (I guess from Plex).

I have just ticked the option to move folders to the bin rather than deleting - might help for the future.

Is there anything I can try to help finding the root of this, as this is surely undermining the faith in the program

In the same context (and I have pointed this out before), pressing "Do selected", I get a requester that shows the rapid progress of the action. Then the requester closes but it takes forever before the "checkmarked string grid" is updated. And the UI is clickable in the interim.

/Pontus

Sparky53

未読、
2022/01/19 20:34:392022/01/19
To: TV Rename
Keep hold of the log file for that scan / actions. The program logs lots of details about why it has chosen to remove files. We can dig through them and try and work out the logic it used

Gutted this has happened. We can definitely find the source and try and protect it for the future.

Pontus Berg

未読、
2022/01/20 6:16:332022/01/20
To: TV Rename
Given that I am not too keen to expose the details of my collection, in case it's found that I don't hold the original to all of them, I have sent the details in PM. I promise to report any relevant findings here in the public area.

Sparky53

未読、
2022/01/20 10:37:552022/01/20
To: TV Rename
OK. I think I have found the issue.

The 'clean up library folders' function looks through each folder that movie/tv  files should be stored.  If they have no movie files in them it removes them. This is to remove spare directories for new seasons of shows that don't exist yet and movies that are not released yet.

If a TV show uses base folder then it works fine as is looks for videos in that folder and removes them if none are found.

If a TV show uses sub folders for seasons then it works fine as is looks for videos in that  season''s folder and removes them if none are found.

If the shows settings are changed:
However, if a TV show uses subfolders and then the settings are changed to just use base folder and the 'clean up library folders' is used. Then it looks in the folder, finds no movie files (they are in subfolders) and deletes it.

The solution is to check that folder and all subfolders for movie files before deleting and this change will be in the next version.

PLEASE stop using  'clean up library folders' until the new version is released.

Thanks

Pontus Berg

未読、
2022/01/20 11:03:562022/01/20
To: TV Rename
Many thanks - that is a rather nasty one! Glad you found it.

/Pontus

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送