Bulk Movies - Automatic Folders and Manual Folders Issue

themusj

Sep 15, 2022, 7:33:33 PM9/15/22
to TV Rename
Running 4.8 beta, but problem occurs in stable version.

When I bulk-ad movies, even when I have the preferences for Movie Defaults set unchecked to Use Automatic Folder and Use Default Location, 99% of my movies are imported in with Folder Type Automatic Folders checked.

This is a problem because when I do Scan Movies, the problem brings up a dialog box stating Missing Folder for every single movie. Ignore Once, Ignore always, Create or Retry.

I do not know why it does that since each movie is already in its own folder. No need to create what is already there.

What is further weird, is SOME movies do get imported with the Manual Folder checked and the path in the dialog box below it. Those do not flag missing folders.

So how do you turn off automatic folders when you do a Bulk ad. I have a 1,000 movies so manually adding each one would be too much work.

Sparky53

Sep 16, 2022, 7:10:41 AM9/16/22
to TV Rename
Tools -> Settings Check
this allows you to quickly bulk change settings when the show's settings do not match the defaults. It may help fix up any issues? (although wont put the folder name in the configuration for each movie)

For one of the movies, can you let me know the path that the movie is in and the path the system is asking for it to be put in please? ALso what is the default movie folder format?

It is meant to add the settings correctly and does so by comparing the settings above, something must be wrong in the logic.

Can you also share screenshots of the folder, the coniguration that it sets up for you please?

themusj

Sep 16, 2022, 8:52:08 PM9/16/22
to TV Rename
I hope this helps.

As a test, I limited my Bulk Add to movies on an USB thumb drive. Same results as when I imported from NAS so the test is valid.

First screen capture is the list of movies imported.

Second is my Movies Default Configuration. Notice use Automatic Folders is not checked.

Third screen shot shows how the majority of the movies were configured automatically during the Bulk ad process. They were setup Automatic.

Four screens show shows how 3 out the total came to be configured as manually with the path as shown.

So there seems to be a randomness. All movies are in the root of the thumb drive,  each in a single movie per folder.

Every time I try to do a scan of movies, those configured to have automatic folders from the bulk ad process, stop and request a folder to be created. Those with manual configurations do not.

Let me know what else I can provide.

Movies Bulk Add.JPG
Thumb drive.JPG
Movie Bulk Added Edit Folder.JPG
Movie Defaults.JPG
Movie Bulk Added Edit Folder Manual.JPG

Sparky53

Sep 17, 2022, 11:33:38 AM9/17/22
to TV Rename
When creating the configuration for the movie the system checks whether the folder it is in is the automatic location.

If it is then it uses automated location; if not then manual.

But in either case it should not have to ask you to create a folder

In your pictures, "Capricorn One (1979)" doe snot match "Capricorn One (1978)" So manual is used

I'll update it to use only guess when automatic folders are enabled

When you run a scan on Bewolf - which folder does it ask you to create?

themusj

Sep 17, 2022, 1:50:09 PM9/17/22
to TV Rename
I have attached three screenshots.
-Beowulf = Automatic Folder - Base Folder F:

-Robin Hood Men in Tights = Manual Folder and Path

-The list of Files as organized on my thumb drive.

What I did delete them from my Movies in TV Rename. Quit the application. And re Bulk-ad them. Just what I wrote above is how at least Beowulf and Robin Hood ended up. One setup by default automatic folder and the other manual. All were bulk-added at the same time.

Now when I did a scan, it did NOT request folders to be created. Not sure why not??

It did give me a list of the movies with Metadata checked. Not sure why??

Despite the issues, this is a very nice work. Beyond my paygrade to recognize all the hard work involved, but it is my intent to make a donation shortly.

Thank you for your labors!

-
List.JPG
Robin Hood.JPG
Beowulf.JPG
Media.JPG
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

themusj

Oct 1, 2022, 9:27:46 AM10/1/22
to TV Rename
I  think I am not quite understanding the process. I have movies as I shared above in separate folders.

For example:

NAS
-Movies Volume 1
-----Action
--------16 Blocks (2006)
-----Adventure
---------Escape to Athena (1979)

I do not need new folders created, hence I opted to set my Movie Defaults to "Use Default Location, and Single Movie per Folder." Default path is blank.

I did a bulk scan for the Action movies. The results are some have Automatic folder checked and some have Manual checked and the correct Path.

The settings check highlight the Manual Path for the movies being the issue, even though the default is set to "Use Default Location."

Additionally, if I test "Fix It" for one of those Manual Movies, Settings Check flag it as an issue. It gives an error "No Target Automatic Folders can be Established."

I guess what I need to know, in the case of mine above with my Movie folder structure already in place, what should be my settings?
Manual Folders Set Correctly but with error message.JPG

Sparky53

Oct 2, 2022, 7:50:59 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
So, for this setup you will need to have:

Your library folders to be M:\Action  M:\Adventure etc

If you have a mix of manual folders and automatic folders then (as long as it works its OK)

Looks like that 'settings check' could be improved to be cleverer about how it does 'Fix Issue' - I'll work on it.

For 15 movies you should be able to manually adjust them: - right click -> Edit Movie -> Folders tab. Turn on Automatic folders, select the correct base folder (M:/Action) and remove manual folders checkbox

themusj

Oct 2, 2022, 8:24:26 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
Yes that works  "Your library folders to be M:\Action  M:\Adventure etc!"

However, changing as you mentioned 15 movies, " manually adjust them: - right click -> Edit Movie -> Folders tab. Turn on Automatic folders, select the correct base folder (M:/Action) and remove manual folders checkbox" DOES not. IF I try to do that, and I have tried on many of them, it first no longer shows the folder to open the file in the Information page. And then if I do a scan, it comes back with Missing Folder. IF Browse to it, it finishes the scan and then lists the movie as Missing.

For example, this happens with Rumble in the Bronx. I even did a Check Settings and it was one of those listed but could not be fixed.

My only solution that works is to go back and do it manually. Not sure why this movie is a problem

I have seen where some may be an issue do to syntax. Robocop: with the colon. But Windows does not like Colon's so it drops them.
Error.JPG

themusj

Oct 2, 2022, 8:51:18 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
Just figured something out that may be very significant!

It seems I am getting a lot of suggested renames for my movies. Tied in with this may be the many that came in through Bulk import and are defaulting to Manual.

It appears that TV Rename is pulling the Release Date in (US) for some or all Movies and not the actual film date.

For example Rumble in the Bronx is listed as Rumble in the Bronx (1995) on TMDB. That is how FileBot for example renames movie files with TMBD Also what IMDB lists.

But TV Rename appears to pull the (US) release date.

I noticed when I was looking into Rumble in the Bronx (1995) as my filename, it was looking for the folder Rumble in the Bronx (1996). Indeed, the latter is what it wanted to create.

So the reason these 15 or more movies won't recognize automatic is the folders do not match TV Renames criteria of the US release date. If I create a folder based on the 1996 date, I am sure the problem would go away.

But it does seem to me that between IMDB, FileBot pulling the 1995 date and that even the TMDB displays that date, next to the title, that is the date that should be used.

Some pics may help.
1.JPG
2.JPG

Sparky53

Oct 2, 2022, 10:27:14 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
Yes - that is why it's asking to rename. As above - I mentioned:

"Capricorn One (1979)" doe snot match "Capricorn One (1978)" So manual is used

You can confiure whic release date it used in optrons -> preferences -> Data Sources -> TMDB -> Preferred Region

Sparky53

Oct 2, 2022, 10:32:03 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
Re:  "IF Browse to it, it finishes the scan and then lists the movie as Missing. "

I would not browse to it - this will mess up your automatic/manual folders. Instead move files into the location its asking  you to put them in

Sparky53

Oct 2, 2022, 10:34:50 PM10/2/22
to TV Rename
If the year is one year out then:
Preferences -> Options -> Scan Settings -> Check "Move Files within Library to keep it tidy" and "Rename Check" and "Automatically create missing folders" should all help automate your workflow

These settings will, together, automate renames of "MovieName (1002) "to "MovieName (1003)"