Movies removal

James Dyer

Dec 10, 2021, 8:31:09 PM12/10/21
to TV Rename
Is there a way to remove the movies in bulk? I'm tired of deleting the movies one by one. I want to get rid of the hundreds of "Batman" movies and give them the correct name. And I only added half of my movie collection.

Sparky53

Dec 13, 2021, 2:13:37 AM12/13/21
to TV Rename
Not really, could try editing the XML settings file directly, but it's fraught with danger and probably no quicker

Tom Snyder

Dec 19, 2021, 2:48:46 PM12/19/21
to TV Rename
Sparky, I just deleted a movie yesterday and I noticed that it removes the listing in TV Rename but it does not actually remove the folder and video file from the library.  It didn't even ask if I wanted to remove them like it does for TV shows (at least I think it does for TV shows, it's been awhile since I removed a series.)  In the case of the movie, my wife had a copy (using Automatic Folders) and I had a copy (using Manual/Additional Folders.)  I don't know if that makes any difference with regards to deleting a movie.  Is that normal?

Tom Snyder

Dec 20, 2021, 3:49:04 AM12/20/21
to TV Rename
Nevermind - I just stumbled upon the ASK if you want to delete setting for movies as I was checking out 4.5.3.  Is that new, meaning just added in 4.5.3?

Sparky53

Dec 20, 2021, 7:24:41 PM12/20/21
to TV Rename
Since 28/10, so quite new.

Felt it was worth a separate setting, especially given danger of removing files