Alpha 34

Tom Snyder

Sep 4, 2021, 4:21:16 AM9/4/21
to TV Rename
Oh, boy, do I see a lot of good improvement in 34 but I have to start off with our old problem of the TVDB Accuracy Check.  According to the log it works fine until it gets to the Force Refresh part.  Then instead of locking up and nothing will bring it back except a kill process like in Alpha 33, now I get a fatal exception.

2021-09-04 03:37:31|INFO| TV Rename is about to be busy doing Force Refresh since 9/4/2021 3:37:31 AM
2021-09-04 03:37:31|FATAL| UNHANDLED ERROR - GlobalExceptionHandler System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TVRename.TVDoc.ForgetShow(ShowConfiguration si)
   at TVRename.TVDoc.ForceRefreshShows(IEnumerable`1 sis, Boolean unattended, Boolean tvrMinimised, UI owner)
   at TVRename.TVDoc.TVDBServerAccuracyCheck(Boolean unattended, Boolean hidden, UI owner)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Sparky, I'll write more later about all the good stuff you have done in 34.  You are amazing!  Plus I have some questions about the Settings Check and it's incredible Fix it feature.  I had no idea it was there and for how long but I love it.

Steven K

Sep 4, 2021, 10:33:14 AM9/4/21
to TV Rename
I just ran the TVDB Accuracy Check a few times under 34, and it completed successfully for me.  I'll keep running it every so often to see if I can get it to error out.

Tom Snyder

Sep 4, 2021, 2:08:57 PM9/4/21
to TV Rename
I'll run some more Accuracy Checks later on tonight (after the college football games end - first Saturday of the season).  I'll report back what I find.

Tom Snyder

Sep 4, 2021, 10:11:37 PM9/4/21
to TV Rename
Well, well, well, I am stoked.  It appears now that the fatal exception that happened during the TVDB Accuracy Check was just a fluke.  I ran it two times followed by a TMDB Accuracy Check and then followed by another TVDB Accuracy Check.  All ran through perfectly.  I'm very happy.  Plus my college football team won today.