Special numbers change after scanning

Jonathan Byrd

Feb 8, 2024, 11:49:27 PMFeb 8
to TV Rename
I'm seeing some new to me behavior from TV Rename when scanning the original Doctor Who. I'm using TVDB for scraping and it looks to me like the information for the show is downloaded correctly initially and then, upon scanning, special numbers are changed to remove skipped numbers. The result is TV Rename is suggesting title changes to filenames that should not be changed. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I have tried deleting the show and readding to TV Rename and have also tried a forced refresh without success.

Specials list before scanning:
Doctor Who TV Rename (Before scan).png

Results from the scan:
Doctor Who TV Rename (Scan results).png

Specials list after the scan:
Doctor Who TV Rename.png

Message has been deleted

Frank de Jong

Feb 10, 2024, 5:59:38 PMFeb 10
to TV Rename
I suggest you do a Force Refresh on the Specials again.
The filenames that are suggested are NOT the most recent ones that are on thetvdb.com.

R Hunzeker

Feb 11, 2024, 9:31:14 PMFeb 11
to TV Rename
you can try force refresh, but it didn't change anything for me. rename seems to be having problems with specials recently. As an example Only fools and horses not only ignores the last 2 specials it tells you that special 28 is missing, and that doesn't even exist. I'm just manually fixing the screwed up shows. Refreshing or removing show and adding changes nothing.

R Hunzeker

Feb 11, 2024, 9:37:34 PMFeb 11
to TV Rename
Could the problems be caused by tvdb changing the way specials are listed now in groups. Just a thought.

Sparky53

Feb 12, 2024, 10:03:58 PMFeb 12
to TV Rename
Do you have any Season Rules for Doctor Who "Specials"? You can add rules in that section that may reorder the season.

For me, the episodes stay correct before and after a scan

Jonathan Byrd

Feb 13, 2024, 10:13:28 AMFeb 13
to TV Rename
I didn't have and season rules set for Doctor Who and I did try a forced refresh for just the specials, then the show, and then a forced refresh for all without success. I ended up deleting TV Rename and my settings and doing a fresh install, which seems to have fixed whatever the issue was. Thank you all for the suggestions!