TV Show Aliases

themusj

Feb 29, 2024, 8:33:03 PMFeb 29
to TV Rename
One of the somewhat 'frustrating' events is when someone on TVDB changes an entire TV series name and it affects every season in TV Rename looking to do a rename of that series.

For example, Miss Scarlet and the Duke has been so named for four years. Now someone decided the show should be called, "Miss Scarlet." TV Rename wants to rename every episode.

Two problems. TV Rename does not rename thumbnails and in my case, I have a backup hard drive with the same series duplicated. It is not referenced in the TV Rename app for obvious reasons.

I was hoping the Show Aliases tab could be used to tell TV Rename to not question the need to rename the show. Indeed, both TV Rename and TVDB acknowledges the aliases, one inside the tab and the other on their website.

Is there a work-around for this beside telling TV Rename to ignore the series?