Can't check items / Can't rename files

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 10:02:34 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Hello,

I'm posting this on a new account, as for whatever reason google groups keeps deleting my messages, so hoping this account works.

I'm running the newest version of TV Rename (5.0.8), and can not for the life of me figure out how to check items so that I can simply use the "rename" function of the application. I've played around with the application, read the manual, and fiddled with it for the past hour to no avail. I can not check the items under "scan" in order to use the "do checked" functionality.

It doesn't help that the UI is completely different (night and day) compared to the manual provided. If someone could please tell me how to simply execute the rename function on my TV show, I would greatly appreciate it. I've already added the show. It seems other have this issue as well per the last post, but for whatever reason I couldn't reply to that thread (it would instantly delete my messages).

Please help, thanks. (see attached for screenshot).
screenshot.png

Hassan El-Zayyat

Jun 26, 2024, 11:36:47 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
RIght click on the season name and choose "Revert to episodes"
You will get a list of all the episodes in that season instead of just an entry for the entire season. These you will be able to select.

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 11:55:50 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Thanks for reply! Unfortunately, that also doesn't work, I clicked "revert to episodes" on season 1, and  it did change it to an episode list, but it did not rename the files when I clicked "do checked", nor am I able to check the boxes (see attached).
screenshot2.png

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 12:03:59 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Additional screenshot of issue:
screenshot3.png

NoName NoName

Jun 26, 2024, 12:11:12 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
The clue is in the legend in the box where the episodes are.  Is says 'Missing'.  TVRename isn't finding any files to move or rename.  Can you give a screenshot of the folder where your files are that you want renamed?

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 12:15:57 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Hey, thanks for the help, I've attached the screenshot of the folder and show settings:
screenshot4.png

NoName NoName

Jun 26, 2024, 12:21:23 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Edit the show and add Yu-Gi-Oh! as a show alias.  I think that will solve your problem.

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 12:36:13 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Tried that just now (see attached), then ran new scan / refreshed show, still no luck in getting any kind of rename function to work
screenshot5.png

NoName NoName

Jun 26, 2024, 12:40:54 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Did you rescan after adding the alias?  If you did, try one more test.  Rename one of your files from Yu-Gi-Oh! to Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.  Rescan and see if it picks up the file.

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 12:51:28 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
I did a rescan and tried testing again, no luck, see attached
screenshot6.png

NoName NoName

Jun 26, 2024, 12:55:27 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
I just noticed the filenames don't contain any season info.  I don't believe that TVRename takes into account the folder name a file is in to get season info.  It all must come from the file name itself.  I would change one of the first file from 001 to S01E001 and see if it picks it up.  If it does you can bulk rename your files to add the season info.  I use a piece of software called Advanced Renamer for tasks like this.

Stigmar1981

Jun 26, 2024, 1:20:37 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename

Yeah he is right you do need to make sure there is some data so renamer can figure out what is renaming like Show name S01E01 I use Bulk Rename Utility when i need to do some bulk fixes, also your want make sure your using the right TVDB entry if its the US version your doing the TVDB no. is 76894 and is broken up into 5 seasons the JPN version is only 1 season and its no. is 113561 and if you need to fix that you can right click the show go to edit and you input the correct TVDB entry depending on which version you have

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 2:10:13 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Thanks all, renaming the episodes to include S01E01 worked (see attached), and let me rename the files. It's unfortunately that this application can't rename the files in that format first for me, which is what I was trying to avoid, but I know now at least why it wasn't working, so thanks again.
screenshot7-fixed.png

NoName NoName

Jun 26, 2024, 2:13:52 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
There are other users of TVRename who are way smarter than me with this software, but I believe TVRename doesn't look at the folder the file is in, so the filename must contain some kind of season info for it to work right.  TVRename is really meant to give your video library nice, consistent filenames and not guess at what your files should be named.

Stigmar1981

Jun 26, 2024, 2:17:38 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
yeah as i understand it something like filebot can do but its a paid for program and I dont know too much about it or if it works like it should but again something like bulk rename utility or advance renamer can add the S01 part in seconds to all of the files and then tv renamer will do the rest

Anon Phone

Jun 26, 2024, 10:54:06 PM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to TV Rename
Thanks guys, just in case anyone else stumbles on this thread, I downloaded Advanced Renamer as NoName suggested, and after some learning, added my files, added new method "New Name", and then added "Yu-Gi-Oh! - S01E<Inc Nr:1>", and it renamed all my files, and I can now feed them into TV Rename. (See attached for guide).
screenshot8.png